November 24, 2010

The Klicka Special; The Cat's Out Of The Bag...

For quite some time, I had been using a Canyon Plastics tube that I modified with an orange dye. At Lake Mead, I caught about 40 fish a day with it. One of those days I happened to have my sponsor Jay Pennington with me. Immediately Jay worked to match the colors, it wasn't until the night before the opening day of the Bass-A-Thon that he surprised me with the first batch of the "Klicka Special" gitzit tube. Canyon Plastics released the the gitzit tube the next day and it was a huge success...and I am so happy because this is my true signature bait!

This is a bait that I developed. There have been an awful lot of bass caught on my goto bait on the Colorado River chain, and it works. It was the best Canyon Plastics seller at the Bass-A-Thon. I am very proud of it and feel very honored that Canyon Plastics named a bait after me and then to find out that it was the best seller at the show! I am speechless.

The Klicka special is now on the market...soon to be on the Canyon Plastics website! (Click the logo on the right to visit their website.)

When you catch fish on it…send a photo to me. I will post them on my website.

9 comments:

Chris Ricci said...

glad the cat's out of the bag .it was touigh keeping such a bass catcher on the down low.

Unknown said...

I just put in my order for a 100 count bag with canyon plastics.. Thanks Jeff for letting us in on a hot tip!!!!

Unknown said...

There have also been some rumors that you may come out with a new scent called the " McNasty " ???

Tami Curtis said...

Awesome!!! Very cool!

I saw the Canyon Plastics booth stayed very busy! I heard that you guys sold out early of the Klicka Special! Cool!

Mike Folkestad said...

Jeff, now that the Klicka is out of the box...I need the "mad scientist" (Jeff Klicka) to go back to work, so that we can have another secret bait to test out for 6 months.

That's how we roll...congrats Jeff!

Helo - MD said...

Congrats Jeff, I was doing some Mad Scientist on my own after fishing with you on Lake Mead. They work on Lake Mojave too!!!

Helo - MD said...

You said that they worked and boy do they. Fished a club toury at Lake Mojave and caught about 20 fish. 3 good keepers! You now have me acting like a junior scientist at home. Great job and keep in touch!

Helo - MD said...

Jeff, thanks for the heads up on these. It was great to fish with you and learn new techniques. Your bait is awsome and does work on all the colorado lake chain.

John Land said...

Hey Jeff how about hooking up your old buddy here in Texas. Congrats Jeff.