November 15, 2010

2010 season was awesome; what more can I ask for?

This year on the WON Bass tour as a Pro was awesome in many ways. 8th in the south, 9th overall, I met some great people, which I now travel with, that are helping and taking me under their wings. I had some great on and off water experiences.

I picked up a big sponsor Canyon Plastics. I now have a full deal with a boat wrap. Everyone usually takes a while to get this far, so for me, I was truly blessed. It was a magical year, what more can I ask for. I look forward to fishing next year.

The 8.29 fish at the Havasu tournament changed my life as far as fishing. Opportunities of catching big fish like that in tournaments don't come around to often. There was a WON Bass article and pictures. That put me on the radar, that certainly gave me some ammunition to go after some sponsorship deals.

Chris Ricci, Tami Curtis, and Mike Folkestad, got on the "Jeff wagon" I don't know why, but I am grateful, they have been very good to me. Mike, especially has been very good to me. I have no complaints.

Every time I go to a tournament I learn something new, especially the Delta, since it was my first time there. Looking back on this last season, making plans for next year, I will key in more on tube baits and reaction baits. I will probably fish those 75% of the time.

5 comments:

Mike Folkestad said...

thanks for the kind words.thats how we roll. TGO

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the mention.

There are lots of great anglers, marketable people, and good people, but there was something about you that was above and beyond being a great person...of course we jumped on the Jeff wagon! We are happy to have you aboard!

Chris Ricci said...

Yo klicka ..You made all proud. Like the master stated, THAT IS THE WAY WE ROLL.....

Unknown said...

Jeff, congrats on an awesome year. TGO said it spot on... Look foward to networking and good memories for 2011..

John Land said...

Congrats Jeff!!! Now I can say "I knew him back when..." Merry Christmas to you and your family.