The northern lakes fish very different than the southern lakes , colder, deeper, and the forage is different. The whole atmosphere is different but it was a great experience and I learned a lot. This was my 1st time to the northern California lake and I am very pleased overall that I could catch a limit each day in cold water, since there were several that struggled to do so. So 40th place I'm really happy about it and let's hope that is the "highest" place all year. I feel like I did well considering the environment. I look forward to coming back.
I appreciate the support of my friends Mike, Tami, Chris, and Andy as network together. We all travel from different areas, Oregon, So Cal, Arizona, and Texas, and we meet up at each tournament. It's become an extended family over the road. We all look out after each other.
I was on bite that was working, throwing a nail rigged senko off the secondary points and catching some on a spin shad in water up to 70 feet, but could not catch any size. I had two dead fish the last day and that hurt. t was so cold seems like the whole trip was a blur, so it's good to be back to warmer weather and strive toward a better finish in the WON Bass and FLW Roosevelt tourney in Arizona. I'll be fishing both events and anticipate more of a reaction bite there than I did at Shasta. The dirtier water works more for my style. Should be a good show, especially since you will have some of the best fisherman in the U.S. at this FLW and WON Bass event. This next WON Bass event is very important for me because it starts the season for the south.
I was on bite that was working, throwing a nail rigged senko off the secondary points and catching some on a spin shad in water up to 70 feet, but could not catch any size. I had two dead fish the last day and that hurt. t was so cold seems like the whole trip was a blur, so it's good to be back to warmer weather and strive toward a better finish in the WON Bass and FLW Roosevelt tourney in Arizona. I'll be fishing both events and anticipate more of a reaction bite there than I did at Shasta. The dirtier water works more for my style. Should be a good show, especially since you will have some of the best fisherman in the U.S. at this FLW and WON Bass event. This next WON Bass event is very important for me because it starts the season for the south.
I'm very excited, my sponsor coming down from Vegas with his motor home. He is opening it up for me to stay there through the duration of both tourneys. It makes it equally important that I do well. The WON Bass tournament is a week prior to the FLW, so with a long practice I feel like I should have a strong showing for the FLW. I should have more knowledge.Left: WON Bass photo at Lake Havasu - 2010.
Havasu in march will dictate my whole season. This will define the standings for the whole 2011 year season for all. I caught a monster bass last year at this event with a 19 lb bag in one day. I would like to duplicate that. Havasu has always been good to me, hopefully it will be good to me again.
Here is a very short video clip filmed in the 30 something degree weather on the 1st day while we were in a holding pattern waiting for the fog to clear before blast off....
6 comments:
you can light a fire in my boat as long as bring some steaks
Great video... with the sunny weather you should have used a Rico
You still playing rock on the boat while you fish? Nothing like hauling butt across Mead going 70 and rocking out!!!
Jeff: Ken Haring, contact me at (deadonthelaw@verizon.net). Might be able to fish WON Delta. What are your plans. Ken
I googled (imaged) my own name Andy Klicka. And found your picture at a tournament. If you were to look at my facebook profile you would see that apart from our unique last name we share a common interest in fishing. I'm holding a fine specimen of a northern pike. I would be honored meeting you. Perhaps are pasts are somehow entwined.
Andy (andyklicka@hotmail.com)
Looks like you got a couple good hogs there.
Post a Comment